QUEENSLAND ACADEMIES OF CREATIVE INDUSTRIES CAMPUS, BRISBANE
FRIDAY 17 & SATURDAY 18 MARCH 2017
REGISTRATIONS MUST CLOSE FRIDAY 10 MARCH 2017!
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The landscape of education in Queensland is about to undergo momentous change over the next few years. As educators, we are in the unique position to use this as an opportunity to reshape, refine and rediscover our teaching practices to answer ‘what’s next?’
Creativity and innovation have been recognised as key 21st century skills and ones that we in the arts wholeheartedly embrace and seek to nurture. Children and young people are preparing to enter a very different future from that of their teachers and parents. Exploring innovative pedagogy, encouraging creativity, developing communication skills and supporting collaborative practice is central to what we do as drama educators. The emphasis on these skills as being important for the 21st century validates and highlights the importance of our work and puts us in positive stead for what’s coming next.
Drama practices are continually evolving and changing – it is important to adapt to change, whilst utilising the expertise and wisdom of our past. Drama educators need to be the catalyst for creativity within our students – their next successes are built on the skills they learn in our classrooms. To be the next leaders of innovation they need facilitators, that is, teachers who inspire, provide direction and give valuable feedback.
Drama Queensland over the last 40 years has grown from strength to strength and has firmly established itself as a leading professional association, proponent of the arts and seeks to be a source of continuing inspiration and support for its members. It is important to reflect upon the achievement of the past 40 years to help inform the next path we are about to forge.
Focus areas for NEXT 2017 include:
- Early Childhood and Primary
- Junior and Senior Secondary
- Drama in Practice Subject Area Specific
- Curriculum (QCAA, ACARA / C2C The Arts)
- Tertiary Entrance Changes
- Research – Creativity and Innovation in Drama
- Mindfulness & Wellbeing of Teachers
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Primary Teachers (Drama Specialists, Cross-Arts and Generalist Teachers)
- Secondary Drama Teachers (Middle and Senior Years)
- Pre-service Teachers and University Students
- Heads of Departments, Heads of Curriculum and Curriculum Co-ordinators (Drama, the Arts, Creative Industries)
- Junior Secondary Coordinators
- Teacher Librarians
- Academics and Lecturers
We look forward to seeing you in Brisbane for NEXT 2017.
To read more about the Conference and download The Conference Program and Register click HERE.