Drama Queensland – Queensland Association For Drama In Education Inc. values its members. We provide relevant, unique and high-quality professional development opportunities and resources to support all educators of Drama. Members of Drama Queensland become part of an active network of educators who support each other and promote Drama education at both a state and national level. We provide our members with a range of benefits.
- Access to a library of resources including teaching and learning tools provided by industry partners, artists and members.
- DQ News – a monthly bulletin providing information on relevant industry, curriculum and professional learning opportunities.
- DQ Musesheet – a quarterly publication providing a range of tools designed to support Drama educators including play and theatre reviews, curriculum updates, teaching and learning resources and committee reports.
- DQ Journal – Annual publication including a collection of teaching and learning resources full of practical teaching ideas, materials, and research.
- Access to the Drama Queensland Yahoo! Groups email group.
- Discounts to Drama Queensland professional development events.
- Membership and access to Drama Australia resources. This includes discounted rates for an annual subscription to NJ – Drama Australia National Journal (2 editions per year).
- Affiliation with the National Advocates for Arts Education, who provides access to an extensive network of arts educators and artists and represents the interests, concerns, values and priorities of arts educators in Australia.
- Access to the International Drama/Theatre and Education Association, IDEA and the World Drama Congress.
Drama Queensland – Queensland Association For Drama In Education Inc. membership is divided into three categories:
- Individual (Including Individual Professional Teacher and 3-Teacher Package for Schools)
- Concession (Including Individual Professional Concession)
- Corporate (For Businesses and Organisations)
Memberships to Drama Queensland can be purchased via our online shop (managed by the Commonwealth Bank) or via direct deposit using a manual registration form and purchase order. Please note that payments via direct deposit may take extra time to process due to manual handling and waiting for money to appear in our account.
Once paid for, memberships have to be manually approved and processed by the association, and this can take a number of days to finalise.
All memberships are valid for one year from the receipt date. Back issues of publications are available for purchase. International rates are exclusive of GST but prices include higher postage.