This classroom resource guides students and teachers through the development process to performance of the contemporary theatre piece, AURELIAN.
AURELIAN is an experimental hybrid theatre work with an innovative approach to staging, set design and a unique form of storytelling. It provides an engaging and exciting access point to contemporary theatre for school students,
manipulating dramatic forms and styles, such as; Post-modern theatre, Verbatim theatre, One person show and visual theatre and physical theatre.
Creative Artist, Genevieve Trace has extracted stories from the locals of her sugarcane farming home town in the Burdekin district to create a contemporary performance piece that is bittersweet and evocative.
This DVD resource includes:
· A professionally filmed version of the entire play, AURELIAN.
· Full performance and production script.
· Video interviews with key creatives from the show.
· Video excerpts of the creative development process.
· Teachers notes, classroom tasks, suggested learning experiences.